Timeline of Slatington History

 

Header image

1882

According to The Slatington News (18 September 1889), Samuel Kress post number 284 G.A.R. organized.

16 August 1882: Welsh Presbyterian congregation building a new church on Fourth Street.

1883: The cornerstone of the new Welsh Congregational Church, cor, of Fourth and Franklin Street, in Slatington, was laid on Sunday last by Mr. Wm. Lloyd, of Philadelphia, in an very impressive manner....The building is 54 by 34 feet, of frame with basement.