Unit 15: Final Exam
Arenal volcano (Volcán Arenal), a "young volcano" in Costa Rica; photo credit Viraj David.
must do in this unit
What you can do in this unit
Some videos that you can watch for this unit
Extra Credit Options
- You may listen to some further information about the Voyages of
Exploration from the HIS 101 course.
- Listen to some further information about this unit
as a mp3 file. You can also read the information as
a txt file.
Unit Learning Objectives
- For up to 5 points of extra credit, you can submit the answers to the Columbus Journal study questions. Please write in formal, complete sentences.
- For extra credit up to 5 points, we are collecting pictures of McDonalds restaurants from locations around the world (not in the US) for some remarks about the spread of pop culture in the world. If you are willing to send any photos (It must be a photo that you have taken yourself.), you will receive credit if we use the photo. Please attach the photo to an email to Professor Evans at email@example.com
- Upon successful completion of this unit, you will be able to (1) identify some of the motivations for Europeans to undertake the voyages of of exploration, (2) describe the characteristics of America, Africa and Asia when these areas were "discovered" by Europeans and (3) analyze a historical primary source.
This page is copyright © 2006-17, C.T.
For information contact firstname.lastname@example.org