Timeline of Slatington History

 

Header image

1871

UNION CEMETERY
According to The Slatington News, 26 July 1871, The Cemetery of St. John’s Church at the upper end of the borough was dedicated with appropriate services on last Sunday by Dr. Muhlenberg and Revs. Kepner, Groh and Renninger.  A Collection of $40 was taken up on the grounds. [The property had been purchased the previous year.]