THE NEFF HOUSE
It was erected in 1849 as a hotel for John Remaley, who christened it the Remaley House; in 1869 it was acquired by Edward B. Neff, who renamed it. (Source The Slatington Historic District) Also, this information: The Neff House was the first hotel in Upper Slatington. It was at first kept by Robert L. Roberts and then by Richard H. Dyer in 1857. About that time Charles Peters bought it, and kept it until 1869, when he leased it to Edward B. Neff, who was landlord until 1871. Charles Peters was then the host until 1877, when the property was bought by E. B. Neff.